Some people sew every now and then, while others sew as a hobby. But if you use your sewing machine on a daily basis, then you need one that’s tough and reliable such as the SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty.
Specs and Best Features
|No. Presser Feet:||4|
|All-metal parts:||Heavy Duty Interior Metal Frame|
|Adjustable speed control:||Yes|
Multiple needle positions:
|Limited Warranty:||25 Years|
|Adjust Stitch Length:||Yes|
|Editor Ratings:||4.5 out of 5|
|Price:||See Current Price|
The SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty is not a machine for dabblers. It is a true workhorse. Just take a look at its features:
- The motor of the SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty is much stronger than what you might expect. It’s in fact 60% stronger than the motor you’ll find in conventional sewing machines. It’s really fast and it can do up to 1,100 stitches in just a single minute.
- This Singer model can last for many years and you’ll know that not just because of the 25-year limited warranty. The metal frame is also obviously designed for heavy duty use. It’s not just durable, but it also holds all the other parts in place and protect them from damage.
- You’ll also get even results each time, because the bed plate is made from stainless steel which enables you to feed the fabric smoothly.
- The top drop-in bobbin is very convenient, as it’s easy to insert and remove. The cover offers a clear view, so you’ll always know the state of your bobbin thread supply.
- Once you thread the machine, the automatic needle threader finds the eye of the needle for you, so you won’t have to keep squinting.
- There’s a lever you can control for the drop feed and it’s located in a very convenient spot.
- 23 stitches are built in, with 6 basic stitches, 12 decorative, 4 stretch stitches, and a full automatic 1-step buttonhole. The stitches can reach up to 6mm wide.
- The presser foot pressure can be adjusted.
- 3 needle positions are available.
- There are also 4 presser feet, including the all-purpose foot, the buttonhole foot, the button sewing foot, and the zipper foot. The presser feet is snapped on with a quick release feature, so changing the presser feet is easy.
Pros and Cons
This machine is not very heavy, so you can bring it with you for various sewing projects, such as a friend’s house, sewing costumes in school plays, and fixing Nativity costumes in church. And the metal frame makes sure that everything remains in its proper place.
That’s what the SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty is all about. It offers durable performance day in and day out. And it comes with the modern convenient features that make it a snap to use.
What it lacks, however, is the versatility that other sewing machines have. It only has 23 built-in stitches while others have 100. In addition, it only comes with 4 presser feet while others have 7 or more.
Should You Buy It?
If you’re going to need a sewing machine frequently or if you need a sewing machine that is very portable then the Singer 4423 may just be what you need. The “heavy duty” designation is no joke, as it will sew through denim and leather. With it you’ll really get a lot done each time.