If you are reading this post then you are fairly new to sewing and want to know how to thread a sewing machine. For your information if you have a bought a new sewing machine then the user manual lays out the instructions clearly about threading.
If you have lost your manual then please continue reading.
Instructions to Thread a Sewing Machine Correctly:
- The first step is to move the hand wheel of your sewing machine to an high rise position.
- Next move the presser foot to a higher position so that you can easily guide the thread to pass through the needle hole.
- Now put the thread spool in place on a holder. Please note: if the spool operates horizontally then make sure it doesn’t snap off while sewing.
- Next you have to locate a thread guide and pass the thread through each one of these guides beginning from the top till the presser foot.
- Never forget the thread tension section guide, you have to pass the thread through this section for maintaining the right amount of tension.
- Now pass the thread through a top lever like structure and pull the thread down to the bottom.
- From here pass the thread into the needle.
- It is important to note that you have to pull out the thread through the needle and have some extra length lying out.
- With one end of the thread in your hand move the hand wheel.
- See that the needle goes into the bobbin case and if you further continue you get another thread from the bobbin section as the needle rises up.
- Pull the thread coming from the bobbin a little more and then you are go to start sewing.
The first you do this it should not take you more than 3-5 minutes and you will have neat diagrams that lay out process thoroughly. Later when you are used to threading then it just takes you under a minute to properly thread your sewing machine without any complications.
If you think you need a visual guide then please make yourself comfortable watch the video to learn how to thread.