If you’ve been sewing for quite some time now, it’s only right that you also get yourself a more advanced sewing machine. And that’s what you get with the Brother XR9500PRW Limited Edition, as you can use it for many different types of projects and it’s affordable too.
Specs and Best Features
|No. Presser Feet:||7|
|Adjustable speed control:||Yes|
Multiple needle positions:
|Limited Warranty:||25 Years|
|Adjust Stitch Length:||NO|
|Editor Ratings:||4.6 of 5|
|Price:||See Current Price|
The Brother XR9500PRW Limited Edition comes with a very long list of features. Here are some of its more important capabilities:
- It comes with 100 unique stitches built-in, and 140 stitch functions in total. The range of stitches allows you to work on just about any type of sewing project. The built-in stitches include 55 alphanumeric stitches for lettering or basic monogramming and 8 styles of 1-step auto-size buttonholes. The stitch width is 7mm and the height is 5mm.
- It uses a large backlit LCD and offers LED stitch selection.
- It comes with the full range of accessories that includes the manual and instructional DVD along with the assorted needles, bobbins, seam ripper, and cleaning brush. It also offers an additional 7 accessory feet.
- The motor’s maximum speed is capable of 850 stitches per minute.
- It offers a wide range of needle positions, and there’s a button to help you pick the position you want. The needle threading system also makes your task much easier.
- The work area is wide and brightly lit and there’s a free arm for sewing sleeves and cuffs.
- The bobbin is jam-resistant and drops in from the top, while it also features a very convenient bobbin winding system.
- A start/stop button is part of the design, and there’s speed control available. There’s also a needle up and down button, and you can stop the needle at either point.
- A hard cover is included as well.
This sewing machine weighs less than 10 pounds and it comes with a 25-year limited warranty and a prominent model from brother.
Pros and Cons
The Brother XR9500PRW Limited Edition comes with all the nifty technological improvements that make sewing a pleasure instead of a chore. First you have the numerous features that make your tasks easier, such as the needle threader, the needle up or down button the easy bobbin threading that comes with a thread cutter, and the wide range of needle positions. It’s so easy to use and with the DVD and manual which are included in the package, you can basically start using it as soon as it arrives.
It’s quiet and fast, and the LED lighting on the work area lets you work more efficiently. You can work on denim and on sheer material without damaging your fabric.
But since it’s very affordable, it doesn’t come with other advanced features such as automatic height adjustment, sideways sewing, and presser foot leveling.
Should You Buy It?
The Brother XR9500PRW Limited Edition is an excellent purchase and its 100 built-in stitches offer great versatility. If you buy it from the right seller, and you can get it for less than $200. At this price range, it’s virtually a steal.