Some sewing machines are expressly for beginners who are still learning, while others are more suitable for those with advanced sewing skills who need a machine that offers a wide range of functions. The Brother XR3774 fits into both categories with its versatile and user-friendly features.
Brother XR3774 Specs and Best Features
|No. Presser Feet:||8|
|Adjustable speed control:||NO|
Multiple needle positions:
|Limited Warranty:||25 Years|
|Adjust Stitch Length:||NO|
|Price:||See Current Price|
The Brother XR3774 measures 12 by 5.8 by 15.3 inches, and it weighs a mere 12.3 pounds. It comes with a built in accessory storage compartment, and its accessories include 8 different accessory feet and a quilting guide. It also has a darning plate, 4 bobbins, extra spool pin, twin needle, screwdriver, power cord, instructional DVD, and manual.
Other features include:
- It offers a range of 37 built-in stitches with a maximum width of 5mm and a maximum length of 4mm. Available are decorating, blind hem, and quilting stitches, and it includes an automatic one-step buttonholer. All in all, 74 stitch functions are available.
- The 8 sewing feet are quilting, walking, narrow hemmer, button sewing, blind stitch, buttonhole, zigzag, and zipper feet.
- It also features an automatic needle threading system.
- It offers a free arm for sewing cuffs and sleeves, and a wide work table area that’s lit by LED lighting.
- There’s also a jam-resistant Quick-Set™ top drop-in bobbin, and an automatic bobbin winding system.
- It comes with a 25-year limited warranty, and telephone and online support is free for the lifespan of the Brother XR3774.
- The motor delivers up to 800 stitches per minute.
Pros and Cons
This is the most affordable model of the Brother sewing machine lineup, and yet it really comes through with a lot of useful features. This is especially suitable for beginners, as it makes sewing much easier. In fact, it’s almost idiot-proof. It is extremely easy to use, and the instructional DVD and manual are all very easy to understand. Features such as the button hole maker, the automatic needle threader, and the jam-resistant bobbin truly makes sewing a more enjoyable experience than ever before.
The build quality of the machine is first rate, and the durability really demonstrates why Brother offers such a long warranty coverage period. It’s very quiet too.
As for cons, well there is really nothing inherently wrong with the Brother XR3774. But since this is the most basic Brother model, it doesn’t have the other features that more expensive models offer, such as built-in sewing lettering fonts and presser foot pressure adjustment. But in most cases you won’t miss those features much, which is why on Amazon it received a full 5-star rating from 80% of the reviews and none of the reviewers gave it a 1-star or even a 2-star rating. Only 3% of the reviews gave it a 3-star rating.
Should You Buy It?
If you’re a beginner, then the answer is a solid yes. It’s so easy to use that you won’t feel like a beginner at all. It will help you become better and more creative with your hobby.
What’s more, this is a workhorse of a sewing machine, as it offers a lot of versatility for more advanced users. The Brother XR3774 is truly a topnotch choice.